The Indianapolis Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Senior Planner in the Long Range Planning section.
Applicants MUST apply online, at the following website:
Under the direction of the Principal Planner for the Regional Transportation Planning Section, the position is responsible for administering the development of the regional transportation plan, which is one of the core elements of the MPO's work program.
- Conducts elements of regional transportation study and planning.
- Under supervision, administers the Indianapolis Congestion Management Process.
- Develops working relationships and form teams with local planning staff, federal and state agencies, and stakeholders to share information and develop studies and plans.
- Works with staff, committees, and the public to prepare, implement, and evaluate activities that encourage members of the community to participate fully in the planning process.
- Provides staff support for transportation-related committees, including Policy Board, Technical Committee, the Citizen's Advisory Committee, and other stakeholder groups as required. Support may include preparing meeting materials, taking minutes, and compiling meeting packets.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Bachelor's degree in planning, Engineering, or a related field., and a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in a public planning organization is required. Masters may substitute for two years of experience. Excellent writing and public communications skills required. Public speaking and some evening meetings are required.
Position requires the knowledge of established policies and procedures, which controls most of the actions in this position. Incumbent may also rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assignments in a timely manner with a high emphasis on placing information into the various data formats, as well as the individual personnel filing system.
Check back for future opportunities, or sign up for the MPO's teMPO newsletter to be notified of future opportunities.
Opportunities to work at the MPO will always be posted to the City of Indianapolis Employment Website.