Central Indiana Housing Study
As part of the IMPO’s work towards advancing the Central Indiana region and recognizing the importance of housing in its long-term success, the organization is undertaking the Central Indiana Housing Study. This housing study will assess housing pricing, availability by type, quantify how that compares to what the population wants and can afford, and propose policy solutions for identified issues. It will also integrate previous work done by the IMPO and external organizations and provide a cohesive picture of the importance of diverse housing options in supporting Central Indiana’s continued growth and vibrancy. This process will emphasize engagement with various stakeholders throughout the region to gain an understanding of differing perspectives and strive to create consensus on long-term goals related to housing.
- January 2023 Project Kickoff
- February 2023 Literature Review (In Progress)
- February 2023 Housing Conditions Assessment
- March 2023 Housing Gap Analysis and Demand Summary
- March 2023 Community Engagement Kickoff
- May 2023 Gap Analysis
- June 2023 Housing Strategies and Action Plan
- July 2023 Speaker Event
- August 2023 Training Program Development
- October 2023 Project Completion
For updates and involvement opportunities on this project and others, please subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter, teMPO. The newsletter includes regional project updates, upcoming educational and public input opportunities, and useful regional planning news.
Long-Range Planning / Senior Planner I
317-327-5135 / firstname.lastname@example.org