Regional Resiliency Snapshot
The Indianapolis MPO is conducting a regional resiliency snapshot to understand how well the Central Indiana region is prepared to handle future shocks and stressors. The project will identify how well the region is prepared to recover from shocks like major natural or economic events and how well the region can mitigate the effects of ongoing stressors like rising temperatures. The snapshot will answer the questions of what industries, infrastructure, community services, and more are prepared to handle forecasted threats. The snapshot will also include a risk-based assessment of transportation infrastructure, which is identified in federal PROTECT funding guidelines.
Equity will be crucial to integrate throughout the planning process. Shocks and stressors do not impact all communities, employment sectors, locations, or people in the same way. The resiliency plan will consider the role equity plays in resiliency planning as well as potential disproportionate effects from shocks and stressors on different communities.
Help Shape the Resiliency Snapshot by taking our survey
- January 2023 Project Kickoff
- April 2023 Identification of Resources and Virtual Stakeholder Meeting
- May 2023 Speaker Event
- May - June 2023 Threats to Resources (In Progress)
- July/August 2023 Assessment of Transportation Vulnerabilities; Virtual Stakeholder Meeting
- September 2023 Public Engagement Workshops
- October 2023 Virtual Stakeholder Meeting
- November 2023 Vulnerability of the Region
- December 2023 Target Plan Completion
For updates and involvement opportunities on this project and others, please subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter, teMPO. The newsletter includes regional project updates, upcoming educational and public input opportunities, and useful regional planning news.
To reach staff with questions or comments, contact the project manager: