Sharing Transportation Resources
As communities become more dense, and the cost of personal transportation vehicles continues to increase, shared transportation systems can save people money, give them more options for how they move around their communities, and in some instances (like electric transit or electric carshare vehicles) can reduce air pollution emissions.
- Pacers Bikeshare in Indy: A system by BCycle in downtown Indianapolis has 250 rentable bikes that can dock at 27 locations along the Cultural Trail.
- Carmel Bikeshare: Provided by Tandem Mobility with facilities near the Monon Trail and the Arts & Design District.
- IndyGo: Central Indiana's larges transit provider, operating 30 routes in Marion County.
- Access Johnson County: Operates 5 routes in Johnson County.
- County Connect: There are many other on-demand transportation providers, some of which are open to public use and some only available for eligible users. You can use CIRTA's County Connect tool to find the transit provider that will best suite your needs, including options on how to transfer between services if you need to travel across county lines.
- Go Express Travel: Provides a Downtown Indy Express bus from downtown Indianapolis to the Indianapolis International Airport, a shuttle between Indianapolis and Bloomington, IN, and other routes.
- Workforce Connectors (Plainfield / Whitestown): CIRTA offers three major workforce connectors for North Plainfield, South Plainfield, and Whitestown.
- Taxi Companies
- zTrip (formerly Yellow Cab)
- CIRTA's Commuter Connect Program: Carpools and Vanpools