Jen Higginbotham, AICP joined the Indianapolis MPO in January 2013. She holds a Bachelor of Urban Planning and Development from Ball State University, and has worked on both the private and public side of planning. She has been involved in the creation of comprehensive plans, land use ordinances, thoroughfare plans, downtown plans, parks master plans, transit planning, bikeway and pedestrian planning, and has substantial experience with public engagement.
Her main responsibilities with the Indianapolis MPO include:
- Oversight of the Long Range Planning section
- Oversight of the regional transportation (transit, pedestrian, freight, roadway, etc.) planning processes
- Oversight of the Congestion Management Process
- Oversight of Transportation Conformity
- Engaging the public on transportation issues and opportunities to contribute to and comment on the IMPO's plans and recommendations