Andy joined the MPO in June of 2007. He began his planning career as a long-range transportation planner for the Indianapolis MPO in 1984, but since 1986 has had various other positions with different Indianapolis-Marion County government agencies specializing in municipal information systems development, public information access policy, and enterprise data development.
Andy earned an B.A. in Economics and a Master’s Degree in Urban Planning from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. He is originally from Moline, Illinois and currently resides in Washington Township, Marion County with his wife, Susan Griffis Swenson.
His main responsibilities with the Indianapolis MPO include:
- Management of the Travel Demand Model
- Management of Data Development and management of GIS resources, including the Transportation Monitoring System (TMS)
- Project Manager of the Household Travel Demand Study
- Involvement with Policy analysis and studies, including maintenance of the IMPO's economic and demographic projections
- Supervises advanced, highly-complex professional planning activities related to transportation, land use, housing, water, economic development, and environmental planning projects