Check back for future opportunities, or sign up for the MPO's teMPO newsletter to be notified of future opportunities.
Opportunities to work at the MPO will always be posted to the City of Indianapolis Employment Website.
Special Projects Planner
The Indianapolis Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Special Projects Planner.
Applicants MUST apply online, at the following website:
The Special Projects Planner will conduct planning work and special tasks as it relates to the core functions of the Metropolitan Planning Organization's transportation improvement program, unified planning work program, long range transportation plan, data analysis, and special planning studies. These tasks will be consistent with Federal transportation regulations.
- Responsible for the development of the Metropolitan Planning Organization Annual Report
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the policies and procedures manual
- Responsible for research and trends as it relates to the needs of the MPO
- Maximizing membership relationships.
- Management of and/or participation in regional transportation planning studies and activities as required
- Develop (utilizing Adobe creative suite) reports, power points and other deliverables
- Assisting with grant opportunities
- Responsible for Request for Qualification process including but not limited to DBE goal, scope develop, maintaining vendor list, selection and advertising
- Assist with the coordination and administrative tasks of new regional organizations (Regional Development Authority) and/or committees of the Indianapolis Regional Transportation Council
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
The Transportation Funds Planner should have a bachelor's degree in planning or a related field as well as have the following skillset:
- Strong relationship building skills, ability to work with multiple representatives from a broad range of disciplines and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Experience with research procedures and methodologies.
- Experience with GIS and census data to develop maps and display information
- Familiarity with general planning principals.
- Ability to multitask
Limited Independent judgment is utilized, under the supervision of the Executive Director.