The survey will be open through November 30.
Central Indiana Regional Freight Plan
The Indianapolis MPO is working with CPCS Transcom to update the Central Indiana Regional Freight Plan. This plan will include updated information about regional planning needs that will be used to help prioritize multimodal infrastructure improvements and develop policy recommendations that will work to enhance the freight corridors and areas in the region. Please contact Jen Higginbotham with any questions regarding the freight plan.
- Summer 2021 Literature Review and Data Collection/Analysis
- July 2021 Initial Convening of Steering Committee
- Mid-Late 2021 Conduct Stakeholder Interviews (In Progress)
- Mid-Late 2021 SWOT Analysis (In Progress)
- Late 2021 Survey for Steering Committee (In Progress)
- Late 2021 Detailed Scope of Work, Action Plan, and Schedule for Phase 2
- 2021-2022 Phase Two Begins
- Phase Two Draft Implementation Process
- Phase Two Develop Performance Measures
- Phase Two Public Involvement and Plan Review
- August 2022 Final Plan Adoption
Strategy Committee Meeting Materials
The Strategy Committee met on July 26, 2021. Click here to review the presentation slides.
Freight Network Existing Conditions
The included video overview and Working Paper provide a summary of the extent of current freight operations in the IMPO region and the characteristics of the existing freight transportation system that supports the movement of goods. The Working Paper includes a high-level assessment of freight mode shares in the region and a description of freight-related industries; truck and rail operations including data on movement, safety, and reliability; air and pipeline activity; and projections for future freight conditions in Central Indiana.
Do you have some thoughts or comments you'd like to share with the Regional Freight Plan team?
Click Here! Or:
- email Jen Higginbotham at Jen.Higginbotham@IndyMPO.org
- leave a voicemail at 317.327.8601