Regional Bikeways Plan
The Regional Bikeways Plan is a useful reference and prioritization tool for bikeway projects in Central Indiana. The plan will establish goals and objectives for the regional bikeway network, analyze the network for connectivity gaps and needs, and prioritize planned bikeway projects which can influence project selection for federal funding later on. The Regional Bikeways Plan was last updated in 2015.
- March 2019 Review Plans & Polices and Gather Data
- April-May 2019 Public Engagement (first round) (In Progress)
- June-July 2019 Bicycle Counts & Network Analysis
- August-September 2019 Project Prioritization
- October 2019 Create Draft Plan
- November 2019 Public Engagement (second round)
- December 2019 Final Plan Approval
Review Plans & Polices and Gather Data
The project team is reviewing the current plan, gathering crash data, and updating the inventory of existing bikeway facilities.
We want to hear from you! A survey for the Regional Bikeway Plan update is open through June 7. Please let us know how you think Central Indiana should invest in bikeways. Take the online survey and/or sign up for the online public meeting, on May 21, 2019, on Facebook!