Our Regional Plan
The MPO's Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) guides the area's metropolitan transportation systems over the next 20 years. With the help of transportation planners, engineers, elected officials and the public, the plan ensures facilities and services required to support the mobility needs of the regional community and its future growth are anticipated and available.
The 2045 LRTP was approved on December 13, 2017, and is the current regional plan.
(check the latest LRTP amendment below for the most recent complete project list)
Goals of the LRTP
- Enhance transportation options and choices for all users
- Implement strategies that address congested segments
- Support economic mobility for all Central Indiana residents
- Improve job access for Central Indiana commuters
- Ensure the efficient movement of goods and freight
- Improve safety for travelers system-wide through project investment
- Preserve or enhance the existing transportation system
- Minimize negative impacts of the transportation system on the natural environment
Amendments to Our Regional Plan
From time to time, projects or assumptions made in a plan will change. As part of the federal process, an expansion project must be in the regional transportation plan, or LRTP. When projects arise that are not in the plan, the plan must be amended. Here you will find the amendments to the LRTP.
Amendments to the 2045 LRTP will be made up to twice annually. Check the full meeting schedule for LRTP amendment request deadlines, as well as TIP amendment request deadlines.
Amendment #1 | Approved: October 2018