2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan
The Indianapolis MPO is undergoing a major update to the long-range plan. Formerly called the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), the new plan will be called the 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). This plan will include updated information about regional transportation trends and projections, and an updated list of proposed major transportation projects through 2050.
Map of Proposed Projects
We invited the public to review the projects on this map and submit their comments.
These projects have been proposed by the cities, towns, and counties in the region as the major roadway expansion projects they’re interested in pursuing over the next 30 years (to 2050). The project comments we received were sent to the city, town, or county that proposed each project.
Note: these projects are not yet funded. These have been submitted for inclusion in the IMPO's 30-year, long range transportation plan.
View the map*
*the deadline has passed and therefore comments can no longer be submitted; however, the map remains active and available for viewing.
- Summer 2020 Professional Survey to Determine Public Transportation Spending Preferences
- Fall 2020 Finalize Regional Activity Centers
- Dec 2020 - Jan 2021 Call for Major Transportation Projects
- Spring 2021 Finalize Preferred Regional Future Land Use Scenario
- Spring 2021 Public Review & Comment on Major Proposed Transportation Projects
- Summer 2021 Plan Development and Land Use Advisory Panel Feedback (In Progress)
- Fall 2021 Public Review & Comment on Draft Plan
- Fall 2021 2050 MTP Approval by the Transportation Policy Committee