2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan
The Indianapolis MPO is undergoing a major update to the long-range plan. Formerly called the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), the new plan will be called the 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). This plan will include updated information about regional transportation trends and projections, and an updated list of proposed major transportation projects through 2050.
- Summer 2020 Professional Survey to Determine Public Transportation Spending Preferences
- Fall 2020 Finalize Regional Activity Centers
- Dec 2020 - Jan 2021 Call for Major Transportation Projects
- Spring 2021 Finalize Preferred Regional Future Land Use Scenario (In Progress)
- Spring 2021 Public Review & Comment on Major Proposed Transportation Projects
- Summer 2021 Plan Development and Land Use Advisory Panel Feedback
- Fall 2021 Public Review & Comment on Draft Plan
- Fall 2021 2050 MTP Approval by the Transportation Policy Committee
Public Comment on Proposed Projects
In Early 2021, the IMPO will be inviting the public to review and comment on a list and map of all proposed major transportation projects for the Metropolitan Planning Area, as submitted by cities, towns, and counties. Keep an eye on the IMPO's teMPO newsletter for more information.