Public Involvement Plan Update
The MPO is currently undergoing an update to the Public Involvement Plan (PIP). The PIP was last updated in 2015. The PIP is a document that guides the MPO on when and how to engage the public in key decisions for transportation planning and programming processes. It establishes the minimum requirements for public input and engagement, though MPO staff are encouraged to, and often do, exceed the minimum requirements.
The PIP is a core product of the MPO, and must meet many requirements, as outlined in Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) Section 450.316.
- January 2018 Stakeholder Feedback on Previous PIP and Recommendations
- February/March 2018 Create Draft PIP
- March/April/May 2018 Public Review & Comment
- May 2018 Create Final PIP
- May 23, 2018 Public Hearing for Approval
Public Review and Comment
The draft PIP was available for public review and comment from March 16, 2018 - May 4, 2018.
May 23, 2018 Public Hearing
The IRTC Policy Committee held a public hearing for the approval of the PIP on May 23, 2018.