Central Indiana Transit Plan
A product of Indy Connect, the Central Indiana Transit Plan recommends improving existing transit systems and creating new ones. The plan is presented in a "Question & Answer" format for easy reference.
Unlike other projects you will find on this website, Indy Connect is ongoing, and the plan and recommendations will change over time as additional public input is gathered and studies are completed.
- 2010 Indy Connect Formed
- 2011 Transit Vision Plan Created
- 2012-2015 Rapid Transit Studies & Public Input
- 2014 Transit Funding Enabling Legislation Passes
- 2015 IndyGo Forward / Marion County Transit Plan
- 2016 Central Indiana Transit Plan Created
- 2017 Amendments to the Central Indiana Transit Plan for other Counties (In Progress)
Rapid Transit Studies
View completed rapid transit studies on our Regional Transit Plans page.
Amendments to the Central Indiana Transit Plan for other Counties
The MPO and other Indy Connect partners will be holding workshops and open houses in Central Indiana counties in 2017 to expand the plans for transit.